Shipping from within UAE
- Publisher : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers; Illustrated edition (15 October 2019)
- Language: : English
- Hardcover : 48 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1534425365
- ISBN-13 : 978-1534425361
- Reading level : 4 – 8 years
- Dimensions : 22.86 x 1.27 x 28.89 cm
- A New York Times bestseller!
- Featured in its own episode in the Netflix original show Bookmarks: Celebrating Black Voices!
- Recipient of a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor Award
- Recipient of an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Children’s Literary Work
From Academy Award-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o comes a powerful, moving picture book about colorism, self-esteem, and learning that true beauty comes from within.
Sulwe has skin the color of midnight. She is darker than everyone in her family. She is darker than anyone in her school. Sulwe just wants to be beautiful and bright, like her mother and sister. Then a magical journey in the night sky opens her eyes and changes everything.
In this stunning debut picture book, actress Lupita Nyong’o creates a whimsical and heartwarming story to inspire children to see their own unique beauty. Illustrated by Vashti Harrison.
What a Time to be Alone: The Slumflower’s bestselling guide to why you are already enough£12.00 Buy Now
Young Gifted and Black: Meet 52 Black Heroes from Past and Present£13.50 Buy Now
When Waves Collide: An Epic Fantasy (The Last Elentrice Book 5)£3.50 Buy Now
Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History£10.00 Buy Now
We’re Going to Need More Wine: Stories That Are Funny, Complicated, and True£11.99 Buy Now
At Water’s Edge: An Epic Fantasy (The Last Elentrice Book 1)£20.00 Buy Now