Shipping from within UAE
- Publisher : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers; Illustrated edition (15 October 2019)
- Language: : English
- Hardcover : 48 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1534425365
- ISBN-13 : 978-1534425361
- Reading level : 4 – 8 years
- Dimensions : 22.86 x 1.27 x 28.89 cm
- A New York Times bestseller!
- Featured in its own episode in the Netflix original show Bookmarks: Celebrating Black Voices!
- Recipient of a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor Award
- Recipient of an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Children’s Literary Work
From Academy Award-winning actress Lupita Nyong’o comes a powerful, moving picture book about colorism, self-esteem, and learning that true beauty comes from within.
Sulwe has skin the color of midnight. She is darker than everyone in her family. She is darker than anyone in her school. Sulwe just wants to be beautiful and bright, like her mother and sister. Then a magical journey in the night sky opens her eyes and changes everything.
In this stunning debut picture book, actress Lupita Nyong’o creates a whimsical and heartwarming story to inspire children to see their own unique beauty. Illustrated by Vashti Harrison.
Transform Your Life 365 Degrees£15.00 Buy Now
Once Upon A Tide: An Epic Fantasy (The Last Elentrice Book 4)£7.00 Buy Now
Hair Love: Based on the Oscar-Winning Short Film£6.00 Buy Now
Little Leaders: Exceptional Men in Black History£11.00 Buy Now
I Am What I Say I Am Workbook£8.99 Buy Now
The Audacity of Hope£13.50 Buy Now